Optimum qualification for a delicate field of industry
The production of energy using renewable natural resources has gained much importance in recent years. The need for innovative technologies to make the grid smarter has recently emerged as a major trend, as the worldwide increase in electrical power demand makes it harder for the actual grid in many countries to keep up.
This situation is very demanding in terms of the qualifications of the specialist staff and managers involved in it.
Versatile equipment sets based on a renowned platform
The electric power technology equipment sets constitute a unique, modular pedagogical concept – a combination of turnkey courseware, practical software, and rugged hardware designed for instructional purposes. This methodically and efficiently builds student knowledge and skills in electric power technology.
- Modular design; the combination of different equipment sets fulfills specific training and budgetary requirements
- Safe grounding for the individual modules
- Optimized data acquisition and control interface (DACI) designed for learning purposes
- Convenient collection and clear presentation of the data using measurement tools suitable for the students
- Simultaneous logging of multiple signals using the oscilloscope; up to four high-voltage inputs and up to four high-current inputs
- Real time monitoring with computer-based measurement tools, e.g. for the evaluation of the complex a,plitudes of current and voltage using Phasor Analyzer
- Simple and clear display and evaluation of measurements using the LVDAC EMS software
- Modular design enables equipment set combinations to meet specific training and budget needs
- New and safer grounding methods between the modules
- Unparalleled data acquisition and control interface designed specifically for learning purposes
- Ability to display multiple, high-power electrical signals with student-proof measuring instruments
- One oscilloscope monitors up to four high-voltage and four high-current inputs
- Real time monitoring of the electrical vectors with the Phasor Analyzer
- Measure, calculate, and display electrical values quickly and easily with LVDAC-EMS software
A new approach to training in electrical engineering
The modular structure of the electromechanical training system (EMS) enables instructors to set up a training and learning environment that matches training and budgetary requirements.
This flexibility provides scope for gradual expansion of the equipment sets as required.
The devices are built to withstand daily use in training. All in all, this results in a versatile, cost-efficient set of equipment.
We are constantly developing new devices and workbooks to ensure that our electric power technology training packages always provide a modern, up-to-date learning platform.
Topics currently covered:
Wind and Solar Power
Configuring Photovoltaic Panels, Effects of Temperature and Shading in Power Production, Storing Energy in Batteries, Sun’s Orientation, Wind Turbines, PWM and MPPT Chargers, Stand-Alone and Grid-Tied Inverters, Powering AC and DC Loads, etc.
AC/DC Power Circuits and Power Transformers
Ohm’s Law, Series and Parallel Circuits, Electrical Loads (RLC), Impedance, Active Power, Reactive Power, Apparent Power, Power Factor, Solving AC and DC Circuits, Single-Phase and Three-Phase Transformers, Efficiency, Configurations, etc.