The Walther EV Simulator/Tester (including connection cable) is a commercial device that simulates an electric vehicle and is used for testing charging stations in accordance with industry regulations. One end of the connection cable plugs into an outlet on the side of the unit. The other end of the cable plugs into a Mennekes outlet on the Electric Vehicle Charge Controller.
The EV Simulator/Tester has a set of switches used to simulate a variety of cable current capacities. A second set of switches is used to simulate the range of vehicle statuses that occur during the charging process.
- Input voltage: 3 x 400 V AC
- Output voltage: 3 x 400 V AC
- Connection via 4 mm safety plugs and charging cable
- EV-Simulator/Tester for Type 1 and type 2 connector
- Monitor ground connection between charging station and vehicle and simulate a fault current greater than 30 mA between the line and the earth
- Load simulation via earthing contact sockets (max 6 A)
- Simulation of vehicle status B, C, and D
- Measurement of the coding resistance (PP) for type 2 connections
- Measurement of proximity control resistance (CS) to type 1 connections
- Charging voltage display via three LEDs
- Measuring socket CP for PWM signal