CIROS® Education offers all functions of CIROS® Studio, minus the capability to create new models or connect robot control systems. The main areas of application of CIROS® Education are training in:
- Robot programming
- PLC programming
- Production planning and production control
Training in robot programming
CIROS® Education is ideally suited for learning how to program and commission industrial robot systems. For this purpose, the program offers an integrated training program and a variety of robot models.
- All the required basics for automation with robots are conveyed by the integrated CIROS® Robotics Assistant, which offers numerous graphics and animations that explain technical terms and facts, videos on a large number of industrial applications involving robots, sample programs for each model, and technical documentation, including instructions on processing.
- The model library, with over 25 prepared robot work cells, provides direct access to commissioning and programming robot applications, ranging from simple Pick&Place tasks to plants with numerous robot systems.
Training in PLC programming
CIROS® Education is the virtual learning environment for mechatronics with a focus on PLC controlled systems. It offers an ideal working environment for PLC programming based on Siemens S7 and other manufacturers' control systems. A virtual learning environment for the mechatronic training system MPS® is also included.
- The complex model library contains more than 30 process models of selected MPS® stations, various conveyor systemss and an automated warehouse.
- The models can be activated immediately from the integrated virtual S7 PLC, STEP 7, or the TIA portal of the simulated SIMATIC Controller S7-PLCSIM, as well as via the EasyPort from any other external hardware PLC.
- Distributed control concept: Each station has its own virtual control system with separate programs that can be modified or created from scratch at any time.
- Commissioning of distributed control systems: The stations can work in manual operating mode, which allows gradual commissioning of the control programs in the individual stations.
Training in production planning and production control
CIROS® allows you to link the simulation with the higher-order controller of real systems. Focus is on the planning of production plants, the intralogistics, design, and optimization of Manufacturing Executing Systems (MES), as well as production management. In CIROS®, the 3D models of your production line are created from library elements.
- The library delivers numerous manufacturing, assembly, warehouse, and measuring stations for setting up an iCIM production line.
- The 3D simulation includes all the most important components of a manufacturing system, from flexible material flow to individual sensors, and uses the extensive functionality of CIROS® Studio.
- With the layout module, the layout of future production lines can be created with a few clicks of the mouse, while simultaneously creating the simulation model.
The touch of a button in CIROS® Supervision automatically creates a basic version of an MES system (Manufacturing Executing System) for the production line by using manufacturing control board functions with graphic process tracking and a link to the production database. CIROS® Supervision is supplied with CIROS® Education.
CIROS® includes powerful password-protected fault simulations with a variety of fault scenarios, including adjustment faults in sensors. Finding and correcting faults can be logged to evaluate the results. This makes it possible to design effective training for systematic commissioning and repair malfunctions within the simulation environment.
Applicable for CIROS® Studio and CIROS® Education:
- Intel Core Duo 2.2 GHz processor
- min. 4 GB main memory (RAM)
- 20 GB disk space
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64 bit recommended) with Internet Explorer or comparable
- Graphic card with 3D acceleration and full OpenGL support, e.g. NVIDIA 7800GTX, 512 MB RAM or better using latest graphics driver
- USB interface for license dongle or Ethernet interface for PC network when using a license server
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6.0 or higher
- Dedicated license server: Standard PC with USB and Ethernet interface for license server