With a P, PI or PID control algorithm, (closed-loop) control technology is taught in a demonstrative and practical manner. The temperature sensor – for the Reactor station a PT100 resistance thermometer is used – delivers a uniform signal of 0 – 10 V via the measuring transducer. By ways of the continuously controllable heater the controller sets the nominal temperatures and keeps them constant.
At a constant flow rate, the three input materials are mixed into a recipe at the Mixing station. The flow rate is measured by an electromagnetic flow sensor with on-site display and additionally displayed with a rotameter flow sensor. The controller sets the required flow rate by way of the analog controlled pump.
The pressure regulation ensures a constant high filtering quality by means of back-flushing at the Filtration station. The pressure sensor features an LCD display, analog output and switching output, always delivering the correct value. A constant high quality is maintained by means of the proportional-pressure regulator.
In the Bottling Station the level of the dosing tank is recorded with an analog level sensor. By way of the continuously controllable pump the controller regulates the level to the appropriate control value. During bottling, the level in the dosing tank is kept constant, thereby optimizing the bottling quality.
The system consists of the Filtration, Mixing, Reactor and Bottling stations. The Filtration station filters a fluid. The filtrate is pumped out of the first tank via different process valves through the filter into the second tank. The filtered fluid is added to the first tank in the Mixing station. The Mixing station mixes different recipes from three storage tanks. The finished mixture is pumped to the Reactor station. The Reactor station regulates the temperature of the fluid. Different temperature profiles, with different mixing times, are run depending on the selected recipe. The Bottling station bottles the fluid. The bottles are carried on conveyor belts to the bottling position. A pneumatic separator separates the bottles. The bottles are filled with different quantities from the dosing tank, depending on the selected recipe.
Included in the scope of delivery: Various facilities for measuring, controlling and regulating
- Simplifies commissioning, simulation and display using the simulation box
- Multimedia measuring, controlling, regulating, operating, monitoring and commissioning using EasyPort and FluidLab® PA closed-loop.
- Start processes in the PLC or operate and monitor them with the touch panel
- The control task is handled by the PLC. The controller parameters are set at the touch panel. All process variables are displayed in a user-friendly way – including trend graphs on the touch panel.
The MPS® PA complete system provides everything needed for an efficient start in measurement and control technology.
Successful project work based on modular construction
Learning by doing – the MPS® PA system offers accessible, hands-on process technology. Some project ideas can be implemented in a flash, and risk-free.
The PLC control packages includes:
4x EduTrainer® Universal with SIMATIC S7-1512C
4x SIMATIC Touch Panel TP700 Operator unit
1x Ethernet switch XB005 EduTrainer Compact
The MPS® PA 204 system contains everything you need for training:
Stations: Filtration, Mixing, Reactor, Bottling with trolley, mounting frame and power supply unit
Control technology: 1x PLC control package, 1x EMERGENCY-STOP board, 2x EMERGENCY-STOP control panel, 4x EasyPort 19”
Software: 4x FluidLab®-PA closed loop
Special training aims
- Set-up, wiring and commissioning of a system for process technology
- Measurement of electrical and process engineering variables such as level, flow rate, pressure and temperature
- Set-up and commissioning of control circuits
- Assessment of control response
- Networking of process engineering systems
- Process operation and monitoring, system management
- Selection, deployment and control of process fittings
- Analysis of controlled systems and control circuits
- Parameter setting and optimization of P, PI or PID controllers
- Writing open-loop and closed-loop control programs
- Process operation and monitoring
- Inspection, maintenance and servicing
- MPS® PA workbook
- WBT Process automation
- Simulation box, digital/analog (Order no. 526863)
- I/O data cable with SysLink connectors (IEEE 488), crossover (Order no. 167106)
- Analog cable, crossover (Order no. 533039)
- IEC power cable
- Replacement filter cartridge (Order no. 544303)
- Cooling unit with heat exchanger (Order no. C44001)
- MPS® PA: Workbook
- Process automation: WBT