The station deals with water storage and distribution via an elevated container, e.g. a water tower. The elevated container is filled via a pump, which can be operated in open- or closed-loop control mode. Water is withdrawn via valves. The process command software configures its switching characteristics. Depending on the withdrawal characteristics, feedback to the pump controller and shock loads for wastewater transport can result.
Balancing the water quantity provided with the water quantity delivered is another focus. In many water supply systems, leakages are a significant waste, and elimination by trained personnel is highly important.
Training by simulating a leakage using a valve, and subsequent location of the leakage are useful exercises.
The station is fully assembled, wired and tested.
Including control system with FluidLab®-EDS® Water Management, EasyPort, connecting cables, accessory set and "Getting Started" technical documentation.
3 l tank, capacitive proximity sensor, float switch, impeller flow sensor, ultrasound sensor, centrifugal pump, 2/2-way solenoid valve, 2-way ball valve with pneumatic semi-rotary drive, electric connection board, aluminum profile plate.
For single operation, a water supply tank/ground water (order no. 8024503) is required.
General training content
- Controlling, regulating and monitoring physical variables such as levels, flows and pressure
- Technical/physical functions of sensors and actuators as well as wiring, adjustment and parameterization
- Analysing controlled systems, parameterizing and optimizing regulators
- System operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Plant engineering
- Optimization and energy monitoring
- Electronic data processing
Learning content for project work
- Setting the pump to open- and closed-loop control mode and determining the effect on the delivery rate
- Determining the interaction between pressure and flow rate in a piping system
- Controlling the water supply via various valve types and showing the effects of shock loads
- Finding water losses in distribution networks and showing problems in leakage detection
- Measuring/controlling levels with ultrasound sensors
- Understanding and applying the function of pneumatically driven valves and fittings
- Pneumatic operating pressure: 4 - 6 bar (50 l/min)
- Water (10 – 15 l)
- Power supply: 24 V DC
- 5 digital inputs
- 7 digital outputs
- 4 analog inputs
- 1 analog output
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 55 x 1200 x 400 mm
Recommended training media
- Water Supply Workbook
- Monitoring, Control and Optimization Workbook
- Energy Optimization Workbook
- WBT Open- and Closed-Loop Control
- WBT Process Automation
- Water supply technology training set
- Sewage technology training set
- Tabletop power supply unit
- Compressor accessories (Order no. 102725)
- Water supply tank/ground water (Order no. 8024503)
- DC Wattmeter (Order no. 573261)
- Trolley with plate (Order no. 8039990)
- Tool set (Order no. 539767)
- Pipe and tubing cutter (Order no. 7658)
- EDS® Water Management – Water supply: Workbook
- EDS® Water Management – Monitoring, controlling and optimizing operations: Workbook
- EDS® Water Management – Energy optimization in water and wastewater treatment plants: Workbook
- Open- and closed-loop control: WBT
- Process automation: WBT
- Water supply technology training set (Order no. 8038315)
- Sewage technology training set (Order no. 8038316)