Solar Thermal Energy
This learning solution is a solar hot-water heating system that teaches students the basic principles of thermal energy and how it can be collected, stored, and supplied.
During the course of their training, students learn how to install the system components, operate the system, and measure different parameters, such as pressure, temperature, and flow rate.
Students can set up various realistic heating systems, such as radiant floor heaters, passive and active solar water heaters, space heaters, and hot water heat exchangers.
Using high-quality components found in residential, commercial, and industrial applications, this training platform includes: a small-scale hot water supply, a radiator, and a hydronic floor-heating system that teach students how solar radiant energy can be harnessed from the sun and converted to solar thermal energy in order to increase air, water, and surface temperatures in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
1x Solar Thermal Workstation, 2x Analog Thermometer, 2x Pressure Relief Valves, 1x Plate Heat Exchanger, 1x Check Valve Assembly (with two Drain Valves), 2x Circulator Pump,
1x Temperature Sensor, 2x Expansion Tanks, 1x Automatic Air Vent, 1x Radiant Floor, 2x Fill Bowl, 1x Hoses and Accessories, 1x Halogen Work Light, 1x Multimeter, 2x Hand-Operated Two-Way Valves, 1x Radiator, 2x Rotameter
Introduction to Solar Thermal Energy:
- Thermal Energy Fundamentals
- Trainer Familiarization and Safety
- Site Analysis
- System Sizing
Solar Thermal Energy Systems:
- Solar Heating and Cooling Systems
- Collecting Thermal Energy
- Storing/Exchanging Thermal Energy
- Supplying/Controlling Thermal Energy
- Closed-Loop Water-Heating Trainer Familiarization and Safety
- Closed-Loop Surface Heating
- Closed-Loop Air Heating
- Closed-Loop Drainback Systems
- Closed-Loop Combination Systems
- Includes everything required to function as a stand-alone, hands-on learning workstation
- Made with the same components that students will potentially see in their own homes, schools, or workplace
- Manufactured to the highest quality standards
- Wide range of commercial-grade components
- Fixed plate electrical panel has all electrical devices securely fixed to the side of the trainer with a power supply, differential controller, thermostat controller, and connection block
- Comprehensive curriculum consisting of fully-illustrated student manuals containing job sheets and/or work orders
- Estimated program duration: 32 hours
- Weight: ca. 120 kg
- Dimensions: W 1400 x D 760 x H 1760 mm