CIROS® is an industrially tested, extremely powerful platform for creating and using 3D simulation models for automation technology.
It combines the following functions into a single common interface:
- Discrete time 3D simulations with modelling mechanisms
- CAD import filters for STEP, IGES, STL, VRML, Collada and export filter for conventional formats
- Layout of systems and production lines based on model libraries and application modules
- Access to more than 1100 robot models included
- Robot programming in the following programming languages, among others:
– Industrial Robot Language (IRL)
– Mitsubishi MELFA BASIC V
– Kuka Robot Language (KRL)
– ABB Rapid
- Connection to the Manufacturing Execution System MES4 for operating training factories as a didactic digital twin.
- Virtual human with 30 independent degrees of freedom
- The extensive model library contains
– Beginner models for an introduction to basic topics
– Further course documents in Festo LX (free registration required)
– Virtual illustrations from the Festo Didactic learning systems such as MPS and Robotino for transferring learning performance between simulated and physical devices
– Prepared examples on industrial interfaces such as PLC SIM Advanced
- The model is either controlled via the integrated STEP7 PLC control, through the use of other interpreters such as IRL or via external interfaces to PLCSIM and PLCSIM Advanced
- Using OPC UA or EzOPC, it is also possible to establish connections to other OPC-based interfaces such as CODESYS
- When using EasyPort, up to four external hardware PLCs can be used simultaneously for simulation control (hardware-in-the-loop)
- Matlab, Python and EtherCat can be used to connect external simulation controllers and to model system behavior.
- Expandable behaviors for detecting and correcting faults can be logged in the fault simulation mode. Evaluation of the outcomes enable effective training to be designed for systematic commissioning and repairs in the event of malfunctions in the simulation environment.
- In order to process the results of exercises and projects as effectively as possible, extensive camera paths and modes are provided that can be exported as a video or HTML5 container for device-independent display.
- Intel Core i5 (7th generation) or equivalent
- 8 GB RAM, at least 200 GB HDD/SSD
- Windows 10 1709 64-bit or later
- Individual models: Intel HD 530 or better
- Systems or for displaying large models and virtual reality: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or better
- CIROS® supports OpenVR. A free Steam account is required in order to use the virtual reality feature
The purchase of a license provides the rights to continuously operate the version including two subsequent years of updates.
When ordering the Ciros 7 update (order no.: 8140773), please also note the following.
Update version: It is necessary to have upgradeable licenses in order to purchase the licenses for operating Ciros 7. During the activation process, existing licenses lose their validity.