Learn everything about charging stations for electric vehicles
Like all permanently-wired electrical installations, charging stations are required to meet stringent regulations to ensure proper operation and user safety. There is, therefore, a growing need for competent, well-trained personnel to install, commission, and service charging stations.
The Electric Vehicle Charging Station of Festo Didactic is designed for hands-on training in the planning, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of a modern charging station. The flexible, modular design enables easy set-up of various charging station configurations, ranging from a simple, single-phase station to more advanced, multi-phase stations that can simultaneously charge two users.
The advanced stations include electrically commuted power circuits that automatically adapt to the capacity of the detected charging cable. Among further options for advanced stations are energy meters to measure consumption during a charge, and RFID-based user identification and charge control.
The modules that make up the system are designed to be mounted in a standard A4 workstation. Each module has front-panel connections for power and for sensing/control signals. In addition, commercially-available protective devices, such as circuit breakers and residual current devices, are included as system modules.
- Covers two independent charging points in accordance with VDE 0100-722
- Modular design allows the combination of packages
- Flexible packages for specific training and budget needs
- Designed for A4 mounting frames
- New and safer inter-module grounding methods
- Possibility to link with commercial devices
- Hidden faults to develop troubleshooting skills
- Includes commercial energy meters, RFID reader, EV charge controller and EV simulator/tester
Students will follow the scope of the training curriculum from an initial understanding of electric vehicles, batteries, and charging stations to installing, operating, and commissioning such a charging station. The following topics will be covered:
- Types of vehicles and the charging cycle
- Electric vehicle charging modes
- Electrical hazards and protective measures
- Communication with the EV
- Single and three-phase installations (IEC 62196-2 Type 2)
- Common Components
- Safety interlocks
- RFID for user identification
- Adapting an existing installation
- Energy management
- Commissioning and testing
- Troubleshooting and analysis
The workbook includes
- Exercises and sample solutions
- Didactic recommendations
- Multimedia-CD-ROM with graphics
- Job sheets for the students
The exercises in the workbooks contain the theory and lab manipulations that cover the above training content. For further information, click on the link below:
The equipment set covers single and three-phase installations (see below). If you require only one of these configurations, consult your sales representative for a down-scaled equipment set.
- The Pocket Oscilloscope can be replaced by a conventional oscilloscope.
- The Resistive Load is to be used in conjunction with the Energy Meters to simulate a load. Other loads can also be used.
- The 3AC Power Supply and Safety Unit can be replaced by a similar unit in the lab. Be sure to order if your lab is not already equipped with such a unit.
- Fluke 1664 FC installation tester (Cod comandă 8064024)
- 1 AC Energy Meter (Cod comandă 594904)
- 3 AC Energy Meter (Cod comandă 594532)
- RFID Reader (Cod comandă 594526)
- Resistive Load (Cod comandă 594820)
- Charging Station (Type 2) (Cod comandă 8110638)
- 3 AC Power Supply and Safety Unit (Cod comandă 594826)
- EV Simulator/Tester
- Connection Leads Set & Grounding Kit (Cod comandă 594536)
- Mobile Frameline, complete model without energy duct (Cod comandă 8075133)
- Frameline mobile table (Cod comandă 8087149)
- Pocket Oscilloscope (Cod comandă 594535)
- Electric Vehicle Charge Controller (Cod comandă 594525)
- 3 AC RCD Type B (Cod comandă 594528)
- 1 AC RCD Type B (Cod comandă 594530)
- 1 AC 16 A Circuit Breaker (Cod comandă 594531)
- 3 AC 16 A Circuit Breaker (Cod comandă 594529)
- 3 AC 32 A Circuit Breaker (Cod comandă 594903)
- Four-Pole Contactor (Cod comandă 594527)