Hydraulic components can be found in many applications in industrial practice – from traditional manufacturing processes to heavy duty machines and cranes.
But how does a hydraulic system work? What needs to be taken into account when it comes to the power supply? And which components can be used to build a hydraulic system?
Discover the basics of hydraulics in our modular and interactive eLearning course. The fundamental principles are explained using practical examples and evaluated using various reflection questions.
The eLearning course is divided into five modules:
- Module 1: Hydraulic fundamentals
- Module 2: Hydraulic Power Pack
- Module 3: Hydraulic actuators
- Module 4: Hydraulic valves
- Module 5: Basic hydraulic circuits
- Fundamentals (what is hydraulics, typical applications, advantages and disadvantages)
- Hydraulic systems (principles of a hydraulic system and its fluids)
- Physical principles (system of units, characteristics, laws)
- The components of the hydraulic power unit, how they work and how they interact with each other (drives, pumps, tanks, filters)
- Different hydraulic drive components and their principles (linear and rotary drives including single-acting cylinders, double-acting cylinders and hydraulic motors)
- Different types of hydraulic valves and their functionality
- Directional valves (design characteristics, 2/2 directional valves, 3/2 directional valves, 4/2 directional valves, 4/3 directional valves)
- Shut-off valves (non-return valves, pilot operated non-return valves)
- Pressure control valves (pressure relief valves, pressure regulation valves)
- Flow control valves (throttle valves, flow control valves)
- Circuit diagrams (basic structure of a hydraulic circuit, direct control, combined logic circuits, sequential logic circuits, speed, and pressure control)
- Tools for creating hydraulic circuits (displacement-step diagram, displacement-time diagram, GRAFCET)
We meet your requirements
Our eLearning courses can be made available to you in several ways, depending on your learning infrastructure.
- Within the basic subscription of our digital learning portal Festo LX. Discover our eLearning courses and many more contents and features.
- Single online access for selected eLearning courses via Festo LX, if you are only interested in selected courses.
- Integration in the Classroom Manager Vocational Training.
- Integration in your existing Learning Management System.
Find out more about our eLearning solutions and the different purchasing solutions here