Nowadays, it is hard to imagine industrial production without pneumatics.
But how does pneumatics actually work and which important basic principles are needed to use it efficiently and safely?
Discover the basics of pneumatics in our modular and interactive eLearning course. The fundamental principles are explained using practical examples and evaluated using various reflection questions.
The eLearning course is divided into five modules:
- Module 1: Pneumatic fundamentals
- Module 2: Pneumatic air treatment
- Module 3: Pneumatic actuators
- Module 4: Pneumatic valves
- Module 5: Pneumatic circuits
- Fundamentals (definition of pneumatics, what is the air, advantages and disadvantages)
- Physical principles (system of units, characteristics, laws)
- Power supply (air quality requirements, compressed air generation, pressure distribution and compressed air preparation
- Drive components (types of motion, areas of application, linear and rotary drives)
- Directional control valves (representation according to ISO 1219-1, ports identification according to ISO 5599, actuation types, internal construction)
- Shut-off valves (check valves, processing valves, quick exhaust valves, shut-off valves)
- Flow control valves (throttle valves, one-way flow control valves, applications)
- Pressure valves (pressure regulator, pressure relief valves, pressure sequence valves)
- Special combined valves (e.g. pneumatic timer)
- Circuit diagram (basic structure of a pneumatic circuit, direct and indirect control, combinational logic circuits, sequential logic circuits; speed, time and pressure control)
- Circuits design tools (displacement-step diagram, displacement-time diagram, GRAFCET)
We meet your requirements
Our eLearning courses can be made available to you in several ways, depending on your learning infrastructure.
- Within the basic subscription of our digital learning portal Festo LX. Discover our eLearning courses and many more contents and features.
- Single online access for selected eLearning courses via Festo LX, if you are only interested in selected courses.
- Integration in the Classroom Manager Vocational Training.
- Integration in your existing Learning Management System.
Find out more about our eLearning solutions and the different purchasing solutions here