Electric drive technology
Modern drives are characterized by bringing together of electrical and mechanical components to create complete systems.
Along with rotating electric machines, the basic principles of individual components, the system approach and practicality play a crucial role.
Enclosed in a compact housing, this equipment set incorporates a complete, flexible and convenient load and drive system, which is used to analyze the systems to be examined in different load situations.
The unique didactic concept makes a clear distinction between the unit under test and the load. The practical quick-change system makes it easy to set up and change the machines to be examined. The unit under test circuits are created using reliable and flexible A4 EduTrainer® modules.
Simple tests such as the recording of a characteristic curve can be performed manually with the brake system, with no need for a PC and software. Measured values, characteristics and function mode are shown on the integrated display.
The convenient DriveLab software provides a wide range of options.
With our selection of electric machines (single and three-phase machines and DC machines), almost all motor control circuits existing in the industry can be setup effectively.
The convenient and intuitive DriveLab software supports the automatic recording of machine characteristic curves, the parameterization of a static load and the simulation of load models for the examination of drives under realistic conditions. The comparison and optimization of different drive concepts can be carried out in the form of project exercises. Sample configurations provide a quick and easy-to-understand introduction.
Different load models : Inertia load, pump, fan, hoist drive, calender, winder, lathe, traction drive.
Computer requirements (if using DriveLab)
- PC with Windows 7 or higher
- USB connection
- Adobe Reader
Scope of delivery
- Servo brake and drive system
- Transparent shaft cover
- Coupling sleeve
- DriveLab software on USB-Stick (available for download here)
- USB connecting cable
- Input voltage: 1 AC/110 – 230 V, 50 – 60 Hz
- Displayed measured values: voltage, current, electrical power, mechanical power, phase, frequency, speed and torque
- Multicolor display (320 x 240)
- Analog outputs (2): 0 – 10 V for speed and torque outputs (scalable in display)
– Other inputs/outputs are available on the left side of the unit but are meant for future developments of the DriveLab software.
- Practical and safe tabletop housing with rubber feet
- Connection via 4 mm safety connectors
- Protective conductor connection, 4 mm² minimum diameter and deliberately unmistakable with 4 mm safety plug connections to prevent mix-up
- Integrated EMC filter
- Integrated braking resistor
The following content can be covered by selecting the right workbook:
- Electric drive technology components
- DC machines
- Single-phase AC machines
- Three-phase AC drives
- Special purpose machines
- Actuation with contact
- Servo drives
- Frequency converters
The exercises in the workbooks contain concrete, realistic projects with problem descriptions, parameters and project tasks.
The workbooks contain:
- Sample solutions
- Educational instructions
- Multimedia USB-Stick with or download access to graphics
- Worksheets for learners
The worksheets support the learner in the information and planning phase as well as with execution, monitoring and documentation.
All the exercises require the learner to complete, evaluate and document them independently.
- EduTrainer® 24 V power supply unit (Cod comandă 571813)
- EduTrainer® contactor board (Cod comandă 571814)
- Motor technology contactor set (Cod comandă 571816)
- EduTrainer® operator and signalling unit (Cod comandă 571815)
- Electric machines
- Motor protection switch
- DC Motor Power Supply (Cod comandă 8111319)
- EduTrainer® field rheostat (Cod comandă 8036772)
- EduTrainer® load resistance (Cod comandă 8037136)
- EduTrainer® motor switches (Cod comandă 576309)
- Electric drives 1: eLearning course
- Electric drives 2: eLearning course
- Fundamentals of AC machines: Workbook
- Fundamentals of DC machines: Workbook
- Fundamentals of three-phase current machines: Workbook
- Speed control of three-phase asynchronous motors with frequency converters: training documentation
- Handle Set TP 1410 (Cod comandă 8130630)