The capacitive load is an A4 module that provides a universal capacitive electrical load for a wide range of experiments. Each bank consists of three capacitors connected in parallel that can be switched on or off with toggle switches to obtain various capacitance values. This allows the total (equivalent) capacitance of each bank to be increased or decreased by steps. The module is suitable for both three-phase and single-phase experiments.
The Capacitive Load is commonly used in conjunction with other basic load modules, like the Inductive Load and the Resistive Load to experiment with the effects of different types of load on a circuit.
- The three banks of capacitors allow setting three phase loads in 8 independent steps each or a single load of 22 different values
- Protective conductor connection, 4 mm² minimum diameter and deliberately unmistakable with 4 mm safety plug connections to prevent mix-up
- Three banks of manually switchable capacitive loads
- Capacitance Values (Each Bank): 0.72/1.45/2.89 μF
- Reactance Values (Each Bank): 1100/2200/4400 Ω
- Nominal Voltage: 230 V/50 Hz
- Maximum Voltage: 440 V
- Capacitance Value Accuracy: ± 5%
- Load at Nominal Voltage (Each Bank) Reactive Power: 84 W
- Designed for A4 mounting frames
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 297 x 266 x 140 mm
- Weight: 2.7 kg