Sensors in pneumatics
This training program deals in detail with the sensors used to detect end position on cylinders and with pressure and flow sensors in pneumatic systems. Based on a complex example from industrial practice, trainees are taught to select suitable sensors. The necessary basic knowledge for this is provided in the Technical Knowledge and Components modules, to which they can refer at any time.
All training content is taught by means of audio clips. Additionally, the narrative text can be viewed.
- Project: Selection of sensors in one of the clamping units of a processing centre
- Advantages and disadvantages of various end position sensors on cylinders
- Simple displacement encoders on cylinders
- Use of pressure sensors to improve safety in pneumatic systems
- Use of flow sensors to safeguard system cycle times
- Output signals from sensors
- Connection technology
- NO/NC (Normally Open, Normally Closed)
- Switching functions
- Sensors for end position detection: Pneumatic and mechanical limit switch, reed switch, transistor switch, Hall sensor, position sensor
- Types of pressure measurement
- Sensors for pressure measurement: Mechanical pressure switch, electronic pressure sensor,
- Sensors for flow measurement: Volumetric flow meter, effective pressure principle, ultrasonic flow meter, mass flow meter, heat-loss method
We meet your requirements
Our eLearning courses can be made available to you in several ways, depending on your learning infrastructure.
- Within the basic subscription of our digital learning portal Festo LX. Discover our eLearning courses and many more contents and features.
- Single online access for selected eLearning courses via Festo LX, if you are only interested in selected courses.
- Integration in the Classroom Manager Vocational Training.
- Integration in your existing Learning Management System.
Find out more about our eLearning solutions and the different purchasing solutions here