The MPS sorting station D tackles a number of topics, including combining different types of sensor to detect materials. The station controls a sorting process based on workpiece properties.
The station sorts workpieces onto three material slides. A diffuse sensor detects when a workpiece is placed in the station and triggers transportation of the workpiece to the sorting point: A pneumatic stopper (short-stroke cylinder) stops the workpiece while the conveyor keeps running, and passes it on for sorting onto one of three material slides. Opto and inductive sensors detect the workpiece properties and distinguish between workpieces based on their color and material. A electric deflector sorts the workpiece onto the correct material slide. A retro-reflective sensor monitors the fill levels of the material slides.
- The highly modular nature of the station makes it incredibly versatile and allows it to be used for many different types of project work.
- The station can be used individually or together with other stations at various points in a system or process.
- With the aid of this station, students will acquire specialist skills in the fields of materials detection, combining sensors, and programming sorting functions.
- Familiarization with the various functions of the MPS sorting station D
- Gaining insight into handling technology and common sorting processes
- Acquisition of basic PLC programming skills
- Introduction to pneumatic control systems
- Introduction to how sensors and actuators work and are used, in particular diffuse sensors, fiber-optic through-beam sensors, fork light barriers and inductive proximity sensors
- Executing processes based on measurements recorded by sensors
- Controlling a DC motor using a micro controller
- Preparation and commissioning of a mechatronic system
- Operating pressure: 600 kPa (6 bar)
- Power supply: 24 V DC
- Square/round workpiece dimensions: max. 40 mm
- 8 digital sensors
- 4 digital actuators
- MPS trolley
- EduTrainer Universal – For maximum flexibility
- Simulation box digitale (Cod. 170643)
- PA workpiece set (Cod. 554301)
- EasyPort USB
- CIROS: professional training in virtual learning environments
- GRAFCET: eLearning course
- Fondamenti di Elettropneumatica: WBT
- PLC programming in accordance with IEC 61131: eLearning course
- EasyPort USB
- Basic principles of pneumatics and electropneumatics: Textbook
- Pannelli profilati di alluminio (Cod. 170395)
- Conveyor module (Cod. 8032692)
- Detection module (Cod. 8044527)
- Modulo scivolo (Cod. 653393)
- Modulo braccio separatore, elettrico (Cod. 532952)
- Stopper, simple, with valve (Cod. 8046324)
- Valvola di intercettazione con gruppo FR (Cod. 540691)
- Cable holder with hook-and-loop fastener (pack of 10) (Cod. 8034300)
- C interface (Cod. 8025738)
- Quick-Fix clamping adapter (Cod. 8026327)