The MPS Packaging station D deals with the pneumatic control of a complex packaging process, and the control of stepper motors by micro controllers. The station also provides an introduction to the use of digital sensors.
The station packs workpieces in an automated process. A conveyor carries the workpiece into the collecting position of the Two-Axis Handling module. The Packaging module takes a carton out, unfolds the carton, and prepares the carton for loading. The Two-Axis Handling module conveys the workpiece into the carton: this operation is carried out by a stepper motor in the X-axis and a precision-controlled cylinder in the Z-axis. The carton is closed and passed on to the Conveyor module. The Conveyor module transports the packed workpiece to the end position.
A stepper motor with controller moves the linear axis to particular positions with high positioning accuracy.
Pneumatic end position sensors detect the cylinder position and control the packaging mechanism.
- The modularity of the Festo Didactic training systems makes it possible to use the MPS Packaging station D for a variety of different projects.
- The station can be used individually or together with other stations at various points in a system or process.
- With the aid of this station, the students develop basic knowledge of common packaging processes and of control of a stepper motor using a micro controller.
- Familiarity with the various functions of the MPS Packaging station D
- Understanding of common packaging processes
- Acquisition of basic PLC programming skills
- Introduction to pneumatic control systems
- Introduction to the functioning and use of sensors and actuators
- Control of stepper motors with a micro controller
- Conveyor belt control
- Adjustment of complex mechanical or pneumatic modules
- Operating pressure: 600 kPa (6 bar)
- Power supply: 24 V DC, 4.5 A
- Square/round workpiece dimensions: max. 40 mm
- 15 digital input signals
- 14 digital output signals
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 350 x 700 x approx. 900 mm
- MPS trolley
- EduTrainer Universal – For maximum flexibility
- Simulation box digitale (Cod. 170643)
- PA workpiece set (Cod. 554301)
- Pannelli profilati di alluminio
- Conveyor module
- Two-axis handling module with a stepper motor (Cod. 8049257)
- Packaging module (Cod. 8043505)
- Valvola di intercettazione con gruppo FR (Cod. 540691)
- Cable holder with hook-and-loop fastener (pack of 10) (Cod. 8034300)
- C interface (Cod. 8025738)
- Quick-Fix clamping adapter (Cod. 8026327)
- Box size 1 (50 piece) (L x W x H): 48 x 42 x 50 (Cod. 8064300)
- Box size 2 (50 piece) (L x W x H): 48 x 42 x 60 (Cod. 8064301)