The MPS 400 system station Measuring Pro addresses, among other things, workpiece quality assurance in the automated production process. The learning system offers a versatile learning environment with a focus on measuring technology as well as complex process sequences and control patterns.
The MPS 400 system station Measuring Pro measures both the height and the fill level of a workpiece as well as its weight. The Rotary/lifting module moves the workpiece between the Measuring modules and the belt. Depending on the results of the measurement, the workpieces are then discharged from the process on a separate slide or transferred to another station.
The system module receives the target values for the height of the workpiece or its fill level as well as the target value for the weight of the workpiece individually for each order via the MES. A pneumatically driven Rotary/lifting module takes the workpiece out of the process and conveys it to the two Measuring modules. The Rotary/lifting module is actuated via IO-Link®.
Weighing technology with strain gauges
The Weighing module measures the weight of the workpiece and compares it with the target value. A strain gauge with a corresponding measuring amplifier is used for this.
Tactile height measurement
The Height Measurement module consists of a measuring table and a measuring unit. The measuring unit works with a tactile measuring tip that is lowered onto the workpiece from above. The measuring tip is designed to detect the height of workpieces with different geometries. Likewise, the measuring tip can detect the fill level of open workpieces.
The results of the measurement are visualized qualitatively via an IO-Link® controlled signal light. A computer with a 27 inch touch screen and a web-based user interface with attractive visualization make it easier to understand the measurement processes and results.
A separate ejector unit can selectively eject workpieces of different geometries from the process – depending on the measurement results. In the process, the workpieces are pushed out onto a separate slide. The detection of the slide fill level is performed using sensors.
The complex design and sequence of the station provides a challenging environment for learning advanced PLC programming skills. In the process, the topic of sensor technology is covered in greater depth using a variety of industrial sensors from the field of measuring technology. In conjunction with the control of the Rotary/lifting module and the other actuators, the system module is ideally suited for advanced project work in the field of mechatronics.
- The extensive modularity makes it possible to use the MPS 400 system modules within the context of a wide range of project work.
- An MPS 400 system module can be used individually as well as in combination with other MPS 400 system modules as a system network.
- Comprehensive training documentation breaks down complex topics into small steps and learning units, allowing teaching to be designed in a structured yet flexible manner.
- The learning process is supported by modern media such as QR codes and AR for provision of information as well as interaction with the learning system based on augmented reality.
- Operating pressure: 600 kPa (6 bar)
- Power supply: 110/230 V / 50/60 Hz
- Square/round workpiece dimensions: max. 40 mm
- Dimensions (W x D x H): approx. 350 – 700 x 700 x approx. 1705 mm (variable height)
- Workpiece quality assurance using industrial measuring technology
- Capturing source data for statistical process control (SPC)
- Tactile height and fill level measurements
- Weighing technology with strain gauges and measurement amplifiers
- Electropneumatic circuitry and control of different pneumatic actuators