Sensitising people to hazards: The electrical safety measures for metalworking occupations
The aim of protective measures is to protect persons and machines from harm.
Special rules must be followed when dealing with electrical energy, because electrical energy is recognisable only by its effects.
This training package provides an introduction to the topic of electrical protective measures. It explains where and why dangers arise even in a mechanic's range of activities and how they can be avoided.
The training package uses numerous examples to illustrate the particular issues of dangers due to electrical energy and explains the necessary protective measures.
The exercises require the current conditions to be examined and the dangers resulting from the particular situation to be demonstrated by means of concrete measurements.
The subsequent analysis and interpretation of the measurement results show the relationships and justify the protective measures taken.
- Lockable error switches integrated in the housing facilitate realistic fault finding
- No additional power supply required
- For a practical explanation of the safety measures, measurements and tests are carried out using conventional test and measuring devices.
- The optionally available Systainer solution meets work, transport and storage requirements efficiently
- Power supply systems (TN, TT, IT system)
- Safety measures in the different networks
- Components of a service connection system
- Additional designations in the TN system (TN-C, TN-S, TN-C-S)
- Selection of the safety measure and protective devices
- Safety measure measuring devices
- Initial tests acc. DIN VDE 0100-610 and repeat tests acc. DIN VDE 0105 and BGV A3
The exercises in the workbook contain concrete, realistic projects with problem descriptions, parameters and project tasks.
The workbook contains:
- Sample solutions
- Educational instructions
- Multimedia CD-ROM with graphics
- Worksheets for learners
The worksheets support the learner in the information and planning phase as well as with execution, monitoring and documentation.
All exercises require independent performance, evaluation and documentation from the learner.
- 4 mm Safety laboratory cables, 106 pieces, red, blue, and black (Cod. 8092668)
- 4 mm Safety laboratory cables and safety jumper plugs, 14 pieces, green-yellow (Cod. 8092672)
- Safety jumper plugs, 36 pieces, red, blue, gray, gray-blue (Cod. 8092677)
- Fluke 1653B installation tester for VDE 0100 (Cod. 571837)
- Electrical protective measures: eLearning course
- Electrical safety measures for metalworking occupations: Workbook