The Filtration station filters liquids. The filtrate is pumped from the first tank into the second tank through the filter using a knife gate valve. The filtered liquid reaches the second tank via the flap with pneumatic semi-rotary drive. The filtered liquid can be pumped onwards to the next station using a separate pump. The filter can be rinsed using a rinse program. Regulated compressed air is additionally blown through the filter to loosen deposits.
Measurement and control
Sensors detect the filling level of the container in the Filtering station. This permits lessons on simple control exercises for monitoring the pumps right up to complete control projects involving complex processes.
Pressure control ensures constantly high filter quality during flushing. The pressure sensor with LCD display, analogue output and switching output always supplies the correct measurement variable. The controller with P, PI or PID control algorithm ensures constantly high filter quality during rinsing via the proportional pressure regulator. Control technology is clearly and practically explained in this way.
Shutting off, opening, closing
The right selection of process valve, drive, drive accessories and control valve plays an important role in complex process sequences. The Filtering station uses an extremely wide range of process components. All the valve actuators are actuated via a directly connected NAMUR valve.
Knife gate valve with COPAC linear actuator.
Butterfly valve with sturdy rack and pinion COPAR rotary actuator and large visual display.
Three-way ball valve with SYPAR scotch yoke rotary actuator and large visual display.
Training aims for project work
- Set-up, wiring and commissioning of a system for process technology
- Selection, application and actuation of process valves
- Measurement of electrical and process-related variables such as level and pressure
- Set-up and commissioning of control circuits
- Analysis of control processes and control circuits
- Parameterization and optimization of P, PI or PID controllers
- Drafting of open-loop and closed-loop control programs
- Process operation and monitoring
- Inspection, maintenance and servicing
- MPS® PA workbook
- WBT Process automation
Recommended training media
- Design and simulation program FluidSIM® Pneumatics
- WBT Open- and closed-loop control
- IEC power cable
- Simulation box, digital/analog (Order no. 526863)
- I/O data cable with SysLink connectors (IEEE 488), crossover (Order no. 167106)
- Analog cable, crossover (Order no. 533039)
- MPS® PA: Workbook
- Process automation: WBT
- Trolley (Order no. 541139)
- EasyPort USB – An interface for measuring, open-loop control, closed-loop control. Connects the simulation to the real world (Order no. 8021637)
- FluidLab®-PA closed loop: Control engineering in focus (Order no. 544304)
- EduTrainer® Universal preferred versions MPS® PA: A4 rack with SIMATIC® S7-1500 (Order no. 8065600)
- SIMATIC Touch Panel TP700 Operator unit (Order no. 8079869)
- I/O data cable with SysLink connectors (IEEE 488) (Order no. 34031)
- Analog cable, parallel (Order no. 529141)
- Safety laboratory cable, 3 m (Order no. 571817)