Understand PLC principles and concepts
The PLC Applications from the LabVolt Series aim to further develop student understanding of PLC programming. Basic principles are integrated with more advanced concepts in order to design small-scale systems typical of what can be found in the industry.
- Tabletop systems
- Cost-effective applications
- Realistic components and applications
- Can be interconnected with other training systems for interdisciplinary training applications
- Modular systems – accessories available to make the applications more complex
- Fault-insertion capabilities
- Comprehensive curriculum included with each application
- PLC sold separately (users can purchase one of the recommended PLCs or use their own)
Each application comes with a student manual and an instructor guide. The student manuals are divided into job sheets detailing relevant information and providing clearly stated objectives and procedure steps. The instructor guides contain ladder programs and answer keys for all exercises and questions in the student manuals.
The training capabilities of the systems are enhanced by their modularity and by the ability to use instructor-inserted faults. Fault switches enhance troubleshooting activities by simulating open coils and contacts, defective contacts, shorted connections, and crossed wires.
Each PLC application covers a specific topic related to PLC controls. Through practical examples, students gain a strong knowledge of PLCs and of the studied applications.
- Traffic Lights
- Electro-Mechanical – DC or stepper motor
- Wind Turbine
- Level Process Control
- Bottling Process
Note: This product is currently not fully compliant with EU directives.