An introduction to industrial servo robots
The servo robot system is a complete training program for the programming and operation of industrial robots, through which students learn to create automated work cells ideal for flexible manufacturing systems and computer-integrated manufacturing.
Practical articulated arm
The servo robot is driven by servo motors, equipped with optical encoders to provide feedback to the controller, and has five axes of rotation plus a gripper. The servo robot has five axes of rotation plus a gripper. All joints can be used simultaneously to perform a sequence of moves. The servo robot can be operated in the articular mode, which allows each articulation to be controlled and moved independently, or it can be operated in the Cartesian mode, in which the gripper moves linearly, parallel to a specified axis.
Robot controller module
The robot controller module is provided with TTL inputs for the monitoring of input devices, TTL outputs to communicate with other robot units or control external accessories, relay outputs for the control of external accessories, and output ports for the control of external devices.
The module is also equipped with CNC ports, which enable communication with CNC machines. It also houses a USB port for program storage. The hand-held terminal connects to the controller via a serial communication port. It is used for programming points, saving programs, and general operation of the servo robot system.
Optional work surface
The servo robot system is available with or without a work surface. The two optional grid sheets are provided for the positioning of the servo robot when perforated work surfaces are not available. The servo robot and optional devices are equipped with location pins that insert into the perforations of the metallic work surfaces. This mechanism ensures the accurate positioning of the equipment when repeating programs.
Control and simulation software
The RoboCIM 5250 software can be used in place of the hand-held terminal. The program controls or simulates the motion of the servo robot. The convenient 3D virtual environment enables users to create simple or complex tasks.
- Familiarization with the servo robot system
- Point-to-point and task programs
- Program editing
- Control overview
- Industrial application simulations (with gravity feeders, conveyors, pneumatic feeders, rotary carousels, and linear slides)
- Simulate and control the operation of a servo robot
- Curriculum is supported by an articulated robot
- Ability to control the movements using Articular and/or Cartesian coordinates
- Possible connection with other equipment, such as the LabVolt Series CNC Mill and Lathe, to further expand the training capabilities
- Provided with student manual, instructor guide, user guides, as well as all the leads and cables required to operate the system
Note: This product is currently not fully compliant with EU directives.
- Rotary carousel (Order no. 587772)
- Linear slide (Order no. 587773)
- Linear slide (Order no. 587774)
- Belt conveyor (Order no. 587775)
- Gravity feeder (Order no. 587710)
- Gravity feeder (Order no. 587711)
- Pneumatic feeder kit (Order no. 587712)
- Pneumatic feeder kit (Order no. 587714)
- RoboCIM 5250 Software – Servo robot system (Order no. 587810)
- Robot 5250 Software Development Kit (Order no. 587841)