The MPS® 203 I4.0 system is a small production line from the slightly adapted standard stations Distributing/Conveyor, Joining and Sorting. The entire system is networked and equipped with several RFID write/read heads.
The system produces orders which are generated in the MES system.
In the first station, a workpiece is separated and then written using an RFID sensor.
The subsequent Joining station reads this RFID tag, decides what is to happen with this workpiece based on the order and writes a result back.
In the Sorting station, the workpieces are distributed to three slides depending on the information saved on them.
These are the top topics of the digitization trend.
Production control, combining systems, modularity, data security and intelligent data processing are just a few important topics for the future, for efficient and individual manufacturing.
MES provides the following services:
- System configuration
- Product configuration/routing
- Order entry and management
- Order tracking
- Order data storage
- Web services for various user groups
Data acquisition and tracking
In this way, you are informed of the location and the status of the product at all times.
Existing MPS® stations can be extended using the RFID module in project work.
Controlling and operating
By breaking down the operation and control to individual stations, this makes them individual workstations for a project team. The basic operating functions and individual applications in IT technology are available.
Extending the process with additional stations like Storing and Packaging or Programming of µ controllers offers even more training content and allows them to be expanded to larger production plants for training purposes.
PLC control package includes:
3x EduTrainer® Universal with SIMATIC® S7-1512 including power supply unit
The MPS 203 I4.0 system includes the following products:
Distributing/Conveyor, joining, sorting
3x height-adjustable trolleys, 3x control console, 1x workpiece set PA (body with end cap), 1x simulation box, 1x signaling column
1x PLC control package, 1x EasyPort, RFID system, switch, touch PC with MES system
FluidSim E 1L, FluidSim P 1L
- Structure of a PLC program
- Programming alternative branches
- Programming an operating mode section and signals
- Set-up and optimization of material flow
- Optimization of setup times
- Linking of stations
- Material flow control
- Enhanced I/O communication
- Commissioning of complex systems
- Teamwork and coordination
- RFID technology
- Network technology
- Condition monitoring:
Simple energy measurement, light
- Web services:
- MES light:
- Local control, workpiece and data storage medium
- Optional: Extensions with HMI, Vision
- Operating pressure: 600 kPa (6 bar)
- Power supply: 24 V DC/4.5 A
- Square/round workpiece dimensions: max. 40 mm
- Dimensions (W x D x H): approx. 1050 x 700 x 1000 mm
Recommended training media
- WBT: PLC programming in accordance with IEC 61131
- WBT: GrafCet
- Textbooks MPS® conveyor module, PLC programming, basic level and advanced level
- Textbooks MPS® Pick&Place module, PLC programming, basic level and advanced level
Order additional equipment at the same time:
- Programming software
- Programming cable
- Training media
- Simulation software
- HMI Siemens
- A4 frame for HMI (order no. 8059208)
- Cable for HMI Siemens
- Vision System
- Central connection box for power supply