This package shall include all the hardware and tools to teach additional gear drives skills. Spur gears with varying modules and numbers of teeth shall be available for students to experiment with proper installation and maintenance procedures. Gears shall be stored on a panel for identification and inventory control. The panel shall have two handles for moving and positioning.
A student manual (sold separately) available in both paper and digital formats shall include theory and detailed step-by-step exercises involving components commonly found in gear drives. Topics shall include:
- Helical Gears
- Worms and Worm Gears
- Miter Gears
The main components of this package shall include:
- 2x 25 teeth, module 2, straight tooth bevel gears with a bore diameter of 14 mm, keyway and M6 setscrew.
- 1x module 2, right hand, single-thread worm with a pressure angle of 20 deg. and 14mm bore diameter with keyway.
- 1x 40 teeth, module 2, right hand, single-thread worm gear with a pressure angle of 20 deg. and 14mm bore diameter
- 2x module 1.5, 26 teeth, right hand helical gears with a bore diameter of 14 mm and keyway.
- 1x module 1.5, 26 teeth, left hand helical gears with a bore diameter of 14 mm and keyway.
- 10x shaft collars.
- 1x worm gear 10:1 gearbox with IEC71 flange. The gearbox shall be mounted on an aluminum base.
- 2x bronze sleeves.
- 1x mandrel.
- 2x thrust bearings with a 10 mm bore diameter.
- 1x gear mounting kit.