This workbook introduces students to the basic principles of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC). It covers components used in HVAC systems, and teaches skills required to work in the HVAC field. Throughout the activities, students develop practical knowledge on how to install, maintain, and troubleshoot HVAC systems. They become familiar with a variety of HVAC systems.
When students have completed this manual, they will be able to:
- describe the operation of HVAC systems, sub-systems, and components
- wire HVAC control circuits
- read and understand technical documents such as wiring diagrams
- troubleshoot malfunctions and determine how to correct them
The following laboratory exercises are included:
- Familiarization with the Building HVAC Controls Training System
- Supervisory Controller
- Constant Air Volume Systems
- Humidity Control of a CAV System
- Pressure-Dependent Variable Air Volume Systems
- Pressure-Independent Variable Air Volume Systems
2017 edition. 170 pages. In colors.