Are you ready for digitalization?
Digitalization is transforming the working environment of many traditional industrial professions and trades. The expectations from the students and apprentices who are the future maintenance technicians are changing as a result.
By expanding the equipment set "TP 201 – basic level electropneumatics" with "TP 260 Digitalization in pneumatics", you take this change into account in the curricula.
By completing 15 exercises in the work book using the hard ware, the students will be able to:
- understand the role of maintenance technicians in I4.0
- analyze and improve a basic machine towards digitalization
- choose the necessary sensors to collect digital data for condition monitoring
- analyze the digital data for predictive maintenance measures
- implement a networking system to receive the digital data
- implement a smart troubleshooting system
- improve the machine speed, machine availability, process reliability and production efficiency.
Using those practical examples from the field of maintenance, you prepare your students and apprentices for digitalization, smart maintenance and make them fit for the future.
What’s new in TP 260.v2
The improvements can be listed as follows:
- New controller Siemens S7/1200 with analog inputs and outputs for further PLC trainings
- Desktop PC with pre-installed TP260 software to be used as a server
- Grafcet as a step diagram
- New exercises to understand the need for digitalization and role playing to simulate a production environment
- Defective components to simulate breakdowns
The learning path at a glance
- A machine is designed and production is realised
- Brainstorming to improve the customer satisfaction and therefore, the machine
- Necessary sensors and softwares are decided to get the support of digitalisation.
- Limit values are determined and appropriate information provided when these are not met or are exceeded.
- Using his/her mobile device, the operator/maintenance technician can receive up-to-date information on the system status via web service at any time.
- In the event of critical errors, the operator/maintenance technician is actively sent notifications to his/her smartphone, for example.
- To optimally prepare for the pending maintenance work, information stored in relation to error symptoms can be retrieved via the web service.
- Broken components are introduced without the notice of the students to make them apply smart maintenance
- The effectiveness of communication between human and machine is tested and improved further
If you want to use LOGO! controller version:
Digitalization in pneumatics TP 260.v2: workbook
The workbook contains 15 project exercises where the relevant tasks for digitalizing a process, efficient operation and predictive maintenance are performed step by step.
- IEC power cable
- Digitalization in pneumatics TP 260.v2: workbook
- Compressor (Order no. 540712)
- Power supply unit for mounting frame
- Equipment set TP 201 – Basic level: Basic electropneumatics training (Order no. 540712)
- Flow sensor, 0.5 – 50 l/min, analogue (Order no. 8036235)
- Emergency stop pushbutton, electrical (Order no. 183347)
- EduTrainer Compact preferred variants with SIMATIC S7-1200
- Ethernet cable
- Access point, Wi-Fi router (Order no. 8086515)
- Plastic tubing
- Socket strip for IEC power cable (Order no. 8072997)
- Proportional pressure regulator with display (Order no. 8108025)
- Mini Desktop PC for TP 260.v2 (Order no. 8107348)