Mobile hydraulics from Festo Didactic
Mobile hydraulics has a range of specific features compared to conventional industrial hydraulics. Training content is therefore usually explained and demonstrated directly on the vehicle.
But what if the hydraulic components being explained or the vehicle are not accessible or the system is too complex for teaching purposes?
Festo Didactic's new training system closes the gap between the basic principles of hydraulics and the hydraulic systems on a vehicle.
The new training packages for mobile hydraulics take components which often appear in vehicles as highly integrated functional modules and present them as separate, individual elements with unique symbols and clear terminal identification codes.
The teaching principle behind this is that of guiding students step by step from a simple component to a complex complete picture, with practical demonstrations. The universal compatibility of the single elements allows them to be used for other function units, making this equipment set highly flexible.
With uniform interfaces and a modular structure, it is possible to put together even quite complex entire systems. All mobile hydraulics elements are compatible with the current Festo Didactic equipment sets for hydraulics fundamentals, electrohydraulics, proportional and closed-loop hydraulics.
However, it is the double pump power unit with a pressure-limited constant displacement pump and variable displacement pump with load sensing control which forms the basis for the perfect training station and workstation. It also allows assembly of the load sensing system with TP 803.
Alternatively, it is possible to use a hydraulic power unit with a constant displacement pump and a volumetric flow rate of about 4 l/min for TP 801 and TP 802.
TP 801 – training content
Many vehicles and applications make use of constant displacement pumps which continue to provide volumetric flow even when no hydraulic power is required. In TP 801, the energy usage of different systems – also when under load – is compared and assessed. Systems with multiple consuming devices are set up, connected in parallel, tandem and series, and examined in terms of characteristics such as priority, flow rate distribution, and pressure dependency.
The training also looks into the basics of holding the load with poppet valves and lowering the load with counter pressure and a counterbalancing valve.
The equipment tray
The training package is supplied with an equipment tray. This equipment tray fits in the drawers of the workstations. A fixed drawer unit for mobile hydraulics with two drawers is recommended for particularly large components.
The media on offer for TP 801
- Workbook for mobile hydraulics TP 800
- Diagnostic system TP 810 with FluidLab®-M
- Designing and simulating with FluidSIM®
- eLearning course: Hydraulics
- eLearning course: Electrohydraulics
- Hydraulics poster set
- Hose line with quick release couplings (Order no. 152960)
- Hose line with quick release couplings (Order no. 152970)
- Hose line with quick release couplings (Order no. 159386)
- 4 mm Safety laboratory cables, 106 pieces, red, blue, and black (Order no. 8092668)
- Hydraulic power pack with LS variable and constant displacement pump combination
- Power supply unit for mounting frame
- Hydraulic oil (DIN 51524)
- Mobile hydraulics TP 800: Workbook
- Counterbalance valve (Order no. 572149)
- Pressure compensator for open centre load sensing (Order no. 572123)
- 3-way pressure reducing valve (Order no. 544337)
- Pressure relief valve (Order no. 544335)
- Flow control valve (Order no. 152842)
- Non-return valve (Order no. 548618)
- Shuttle valve (Order no. 572122)
- Double non-return valve, delockable (Order no. 572151)
- Shut-off valve (Order no. 152844)
- 6/3-way proportional hand lever valve (Order no. 572141)
- Loading unit/cylinder load simulator (Order no. 572145)
- Diaphragm accumulator with shut-off block (Order no. 152859)
- Hydraulic motor (Order no. 152858)
- 4-way distributor with pressure gauge (Order no. 159395)
- T-distributor (Order no. 152847)
- Pressure switch, electronic (Order no. 548612)
- Flow sensor (Order no. 567191)