Pneumatics, Basic level. The fully revised classic
Further enhanced and updated through the lessons learned from over 1,000 seminars on pneumatics.
- With brand-new industrial components, enabling you to teach tomorrow's industrial standard today.
- The workbook contains a series of graduated project exercises based on actual industrial applications, an enhanced section on fundamentals and a multimedia CD-ROM.
The number of components and the design are specially tailored to the projects contained in the workbook so that the main fundamentals can be imparted with little outlay. Delivered in practical, Systainer-compatible equipment trays.
Performance through close proximity
Switches and valves should be mounted as close to the actuator as possible for optimum performance. You can now apply the same principle when designing your circuits thanks to the new components. Furthermore, this approach also provides you with an easy way of demonstrating the performance of a one-way flow control valve. You can even record the measured values and analyse the results, for example using the TP 210!
The next generation of valves
The new generation of valves allows the operation of various pressure zones – so nothing stands in the way of an efficient use of energy. In addition, the position of connection was optimised so that differences between the circuit symbol and the valve can be avoided.
The pneumatic timer can be precisely adjusted and is easy to read. Pressure changes do not alter the set delay time. Pneumatics at its best.
- Structure, function and application of single-acting and double-acting cylinders
- Calculating basic parameters
- Direct and indirect actuation
- Application and function of 3/2 and 5/2-way valves
- Methods of actuation of directional control valves
- Analysing circuits
- Options for pressure measurement
- Pressure-dependent control systems
- Distinguishing flow control methods and using them as intended
- Explaining and building latching circuits
- Logic operations: explaining and implementing AND/OR/NOT operations
- Combining logic operations
- Function and application of limit switches
- Time delay valves
- Realising oscillating movement
- Economic considerations of using pneumatic components
Nineteen project-orientated exercises, increasing in complexity and suitable for equipment set TP 101, are the ideal introduction to pneumatics. Real problem descriptions with positional sketch, concrete project tasks and detailed aids for professional implementation provide the ideal preparation for the real-life industrial environment.
The workbook includes:
- Sample solutions
- Training notes
- Multimedia CD-ROM with graphics, photos of industrial applications, animations and FluidSIM® circuit diagrams
- Exercise sheets for trainees
- Design and simulation using FluidSIM®
- WBT Pneumatics
- Textbook Basic principles of pneumatics and electropneumatics
- Cutaway model case
- 3/2-Way-Panel mounted with Pushbutton Actuator, normally closed (Order no. 152860)
- 3/2-Way- Panel mounted Valve with Pushbutton Actuator, normally open (Order no. 152861)
- 5/2-Way Panel Mounted Valve with Selector Switch (Order no. 152862)
- 3/2-way valve with selector switch, normally closed (Order no. 152863)
- 3/2-way roller lever valve, normally closed (Order no. 152866)
- Proximity sensor, pneumatic, with cylinder attachment (Order no. 2764815)
- Pneumatic timer, normally closed (Order no. 540694)
- Pressure sequence valve (Order no. 152884)
- 3/2-way valve, pneumatically actuated on one side (Order no. 576302)
- 5/2-way pneumatic valve, pneumatically actuated, one side (Order no. 576307)
- 5/2-way double pilot valve, pneumatically actuated on both sides (Order no. 576303)
- Shuttle valve (OR) (Order no. 539771)
- Dual-pressure valve (AND) (Order no. 539770)
- Quick-exhaust valve (Order no. 539772)
- One-way flow control valve (Order no. 193967)
- Single-acting cylinder (Order no. 152887)
- Double-acting cylinder (Order no. 152888)
- Start-up valve with filter control valve (Order no. 540691)
- Pressure regulator valve with pressure gauge (Order no. 539756)
- Pressure gauge (Order no. 152865)
- Manifold (Order no. 152896)
- Plastic tubing (Order no. 151496)