The Lab-Volt Pneumatics Fundamentals successor
The Lab-Volt Fluid Power System has been re-engineered and transferred to Festo Didactic’s Training Packages series.
TP 101 America now combines the proven learning approach through object-oriented courseware from Lab-Volt with the project-orientation from Festo Didactic.
TP 101 America is the basic level for education in pneumatics and a prerequisite for TP 201 America, Electropneumatics Basic Level.
TP 101 and TP 201 America support vocational training institutes in their mission to educate skilled, resourceful technicians and engineers, as required by the local industry.
Education concept for future professionals
The course curriculum accompanying the learning system is designed to follow industry standards.
First, at the beginning of each exercise, meaningful objectives are clearly stated. Then, the theory to attain these objectives is laid out extensively, with an emphasis on component description. Next comes the laboratory procedure itself. In this section, students follow precise and safe working instructions designed to teach them the practical principles related to the stated objectives.
Throughout the laboratory procedure, questions and remarks ensure that students analyze and comprehend the results they obtain. Finally, review questions ascertain the degree of comprehension of students relative to the topics discussed in the exercise.
Safe and sound system
The design of the system components ensures a high level of inherent safety.
The On-Off Valve with Filter Regulator can be locked with a padlock to avoid unauthorized access to the compressed air supply.
The Spring Load for Cylinders comes with a safety cover to prevent potential hazards when high forces are involved.
The Air Motor is protected by a safety cover that does not compromise speed measurement capabilities.
Work instructions and safety precautions are provided to students as required when working with pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical setups.
Training aims – TP 101 America
Introduction to Pneumatics
- Familiarization with theTraining System
- Introduction to Pneumatics
- Air Conditioning and Distributing Equipment
Basic Physical Concepts
- Pressure vs. Force Relationship
- Pressure vs. Volume Relationship
- Pressure Drop vs. Flow Relationship
- Vacuum Generation
Basic Controls of Cylinders
- Directional Control Valves
- Direction and Speed Control of Cylinders
- Indirect Control Using Pilot-Operated Valves
Basic Controls of Pneumatic Motor
- Pneumatic Motor Circuits
- Pneumatic Motor Performance
- Lockable on-off valve with filter regulator (Order no. 4795290)
- Pressure gauge (Order no. 152865)
- One-way flow control valve (Order no. 193967)
- 3/2-Way-Panel mounted with Pushbutton Actuator, normally closed (Order no. 152860)
- 3/2-Way- Panel mounted Valve with Pushbutton Actuator, normally open (Order no. 152861)
- 5/2-way double pilot valve, pneumatically actuated on both sides (Order no. 576303)
- Single-acting cylinder (Order no. 152887)
- Double-acting cylinder, smooth running (Order no. 4809915)
- Double-acting cylinder (Order no. 152888)
- Air pressure reservoir, 0.4 l (Order no. 152912)
- Vacuum generator, type H (Order no. 573258)
- Vacuum gauge (Order no. 573042)
- Suction gripper 20 SN (Order no. 573043)
- Plastic tubing
- Manifold (Order no. 152896)
- Contact tachometer (Order no. 8062148)
- Spring load for cylinders, pneumatic (Order no. 4646789)
- Compressed air motor (Order no. 4645172)
- Air Bearing (Order no. 4809899)
- Flow indicator with float, pneumatic (Order no. 4741762)
- Pneumatic resistance, long (Order no. 4646991)
- Pneumatic resistance, short (Order no. 4809992)
- Plastic tubing