The purpose of a pneumatic control system
By using the TP 240 equipment set, you can expand the course topics of the TP 201 training package to include the topic of sensors in pneumatics.
With topics such as the application of pressure and flow rate sensors, the use of analogue position transmitters including the integration of signal converters and sensors for vacuum technology – the special requirements of sensors in pneumatic control-system environments are covered extensively.
Components from the TP 201 are required to carry out the projects.
The special feature
The new advanced level is all about the subject of sensors in pneumatic control systems.
Hands-on experience plays a decisive role in teaching the contents. Examples are used to demonstrate the general operational principles of different sensors. Special attention is paid to the selection of the right sensor, its connection, the correct setting and functional checking.
With the TP 240 a basic knowledge of sensors in pneumatics can be conveyed thoroughly.
- Basic principles of connection and circuit technology
- Basic principles of measured data acquisition and processing
- Configuration, function and application options of the sensors used
- Selecting appropriate sensors by taking into account certain parameters
- Various methods of pressure and flow measurement
- Differences between absolute, relative and differential pressure measurement
- Setting and checking sensors
- Using signal converters
Ten projects based on industrial examples, suitable for equipment set TP 240, each including problem descriptions, parameters and project tasks, deal in detail with the specific subject of sensors in pneumatic control-system environments. The topics of pressure sensors, flow sensors, analogue position transmitters for pneumatic cylinders, signal converters and sensors for vacuum technology are covered comprehensively. Each worksheet in the book of exercises has a sample solution in the workbook.
The workbook includes:
- Sample solutions
- Training notes
- Multimedia USB-Stick with or download access to graphics, photos of industrial applications, animations
- Exercise sheets for trainees
- eLearning course: Sensor technology 1
- Textbook: Proximity switches
- Design and simulation using FluidSIM
- Measurement and control using FluidLab
- Set of posters on pneumatics
- Aluminum profile plate
- Tabletop power supply unit
- Power supply unit for mounting frame
- 4 mm Safety laboratory cables, 106 pieces, red, blue, and black (Order no. 8092668)
- Sensors in pneumatics TP 240: Workbook
- Position transmitter, 0 – 50 mm, analogue (Order no. 8173835)
- Signal converter for position transmitter (Order no. 548621)
- Electronic pressure sensor, 0 – 10 bar (Order no. 548622)
- Flow sensor, 0.5 – 50 l/min, analogue (Order no. 8036235)
- Pressure switch, 0 – -1 bar (Order no. 548624)
- Vacuum generator, type M (Order no. 548628)
- Suction gripper, 10 mm diameter (Order no. 560158)
- One-way flow control valve (Order no. 560159)
- Pressure regulator valve with pressure gauge (Order no. 539756)
- Stop, 35 mm adjustment path (Order no. 548630)
- Double-acting profile cylinder (Order no. 549832)