The Resistive Load consists of a module housing nine wire-wound power resistors arranged in three identical banks. Each bank consists of three resistors connected in parallel that can be switched on or off with toggle switches to obtain various resistance values. This allows the total (necessary) resistance of each bank to be increased or decreased by steps. Six 4 mm safety jacks on the module front panel provide access to each resistor bank. The three resistor banks can be connected separately for operation in three-phase circuits. Also, the three resistor banks can be connected together for operation in single-phase circuits.
The Resistive Load is commonly used in conjunction with other basic load modules, like the Inductive Load and the Capacitive Load to experiment with the effects of different types of load on a circuit.
- The three banks of resistors allow setting three phase loads in 8 independent steps each or a single load of 22 different values- Sheet metal housing, consisting of powder coated scratch-resistant front plate and back cover
- Protective conductor connection, 4 mm² minimum diameter and deliberately unmistakable with 4 mm safety plug connections to prevent mix-up
- Three banks of manually switchable resistive loads
- Resistance Values (Each Bank): 1100/2200/4400 Ω
- Nominal Voltage: 230 V AC/DC
- Resistance Accuracy: ± 5%
- Load at Nominal Voltage (Each Bank): 84 W
- Designed for A4 mounting frames
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 297 x 266 x 140 mm
- Weight: 5.5 kg