Solar Power Production
As solar power production becomes more and more affordable for residential applications, no wonder the number of installations worldwide is blooming. So comes the need to train qualified technicians in understanding and maintaining these systems.
Our solar power learning solutions come in modular packages that will fit your training needs starting with the fundamentals of photovoltaic panels and how they work all the way to actual photovoltaic energy production systems operating in stand-alone or grid-tied operation.
Computerized tools made for learning
To guide students through their learning path, Festo Didactic provides state-of-the-art data acquisition tools for easy, safe and fast measurements in order to speed up the setup time but also reduce the downtime of using standard measuring instruments. The Data Acquisition and Control Interface comes also with an oscilloscope, a phasor analyzer, a data table and a graph on specifically designed software optimized for learning purposes.
- Flexible packages for specific training and budget needs
- A4 form factors
- Modular approach giving opportunity to combine these package with other topics
- New and safer grounding methods between the modules
- Solar Panel Emulator for experiments requiring more power
- Two types of inverters: PWM and MPPT
- Top of the line data acquisition and control interface designed for learning purposes
The workbooks take the student starting with the basics and explaining the necessary theory in order to perform the different lab experiments planned.
- Stand-Alone PV Systems for DC Loads
- Use of an MPPT Charge Controller in Stand-Alone PV Systems
- Stand-Alone PV Systems for AC Loads
- Grid-Tied PV Systems
The exercises in the workbooks contain the theory and lab manipulations that covers the above training content. For further information, click on the link below:
- Communications Gateway (Order no. 595054)
- Connection Lead Set and Grounding Kit (Order no. 595916)
- Mobile Frameline, complete model without energy duct (Order no. 8075133)
- DC 48 V Lamps (Order no. 595055)
- AC 230 V Lamps (Order no. 595056)
- 1 AC Energy Meter (Order no. 594904)
- 48 V Lead-Acid Battery Pack (Order no. 595059)
- DC 48 V PWM Charge Controller (Order no. 595051)
- DC 48 V MPPT Charge Controller (Order no. 595050)
- AC 230 V Power Supply (Order no. 595930)
- AC 24 V Power Supply (Order no. 772050)
- 1 AC 230 V Stand-Alone Inverter (Order no. 595052)
- 1 AC 230 V Grid-Tied Inverter (Order no. 595053)
- 4-Quadrant Power Supply and Dynamometer Controller (Order no. 595028)
- Firmware Function (4Q Power Supply/Dynamometer) (Order no. 581440)