The “wastewater transport” station teaches control technology for wastewater disposal and the associated processes. It comprises four sub-areas:
- Feeding device for supplying a soiled load
- Sewage pipe section with branch
- Tank with overflow rim as a rain retention and sedimentation basin
- Tank as a primary settlement tank for the biological stage and the option of starting sludge removal via a pneumatically automated fitting.
Plastic granules are used as the soiled load and can be air-dried and re-used after utilization. Flooding due to rainfall or problems transporting solids can be simulated realistically.
The fluids are supplied to the primary settlement tank via a pump. A flow meter records the flow rate, which is configured via a motor control system of the pump or a proportional media valve.
The media valve functions based on the principle of a pneumatically activated constriction-hose valve. The throttle opening can be configured via air pressure with a proportional pressure regulator valve.That allows the effects on energy efficiency and the flow control quality to be shown clearly.
The station is fully assembled, wired and tested.
Including control system with FluidLab®-EDS® Water Management, EasyPort, connecting cables, 1x accessory set with sedimentation granules and "Getting Started" technical documentation.
3 l tank, including overflow rim, 1 l tank, gravity duct, capacitive proximity sensor, float switch, magnetic-inductive flow sensor, ultrasound sensor, centrifugal pump, proportional media valve, proportional pressure regulator valve, pneumatic slide, metering screw for metering solids, electric connection board, aluminum profile plate.
For single operation, a water supply tank/ground water (order no. 8024503) is required.
General training content
- Controlling, regulating and monitoring physical variables such as levels, flows and pressure
- Technical/physical functions of sensors and actuators as well as wiring, adjustment and parameterization
- Analysing controlled systems, parameterizing and optimizing regulators
- System operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Plant engineering
- Optimisation and energy monitoring
- Electronic data processing
Learning content for project work
- Transporting solid matter in a sewer system using different flow velocities
- Effects of exceeding the hydraulic capacity
- Naming the basic mechanisms that make flushing necessary
- Functions of a rain overflow basin
- Basic functions of sedimentation in a flow basin
- Level measurement with an ultrasound sensor
- Functions of pneumatically driven valves and fittings
- Pneumatic operating pressure: 4 – 6 bar (50 l/min)
- Water (10 – 15 l)
- Power supply: 24 V DC
- 5 digital inputs
- 5 digital outputs
- 4 analog inputs
- 2 analog outputs
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1200 x 1200 x 400 mm
Recommended training media
- Wastewater transport Workbook
- Monitoring, Control and Optimization Workbook
- Energy Optimization Workbook
- WBT Open- and Closed-Loop Control
- WBT Process Automation
- Water supply technology training set
- Sewage technology training set
- Tabletop power supply unit
- Compressor accessories (Order no. 102725)
- Water supply tank/ground water (Order no. 8024503)
- Sedimentation granules (Order no. 8037688)
- DC Wattmeter (Order no. 573261)
- Trolley with plate (Order no. 8039990)
- Tool set (Order no. 539767)
- Pipe and tubing cutter (Order no. 7658)
- EDS® Water Management – Wastewater transport: Workbook
- EDS® Water Management – Monitoring, controlling and optimizing operations: Workbook
- EDS® Water Management – Energy optimization in water and wastewater treatment plants: Workbook
- Open- and closed-loop control: WBT
- Process automation: WBT
- Water supply technology training set (Order no. 8038315)
- Sewage technology training set (Order no. 8038316)