MecLab® is delivered in practical, stackable Systainers, which function as storage units as well as transport packaging.
MecLab® is delivered fully assembled and ready for immediate use.
MecLab® is sturdy and fully capable of withstanding the rigors of a school environment.
The individual stations have different functions:
- The Stacking Magazine station contains a workpiece storage container and a feed separator.
- The Conveyor station can transport and sort workpieces.
- The Handling station can grip the workpieces and deposit them at defined points.
The accompanying documents on CD-ROM
The complete package includes a CD-ROM with:
- Start-up instructions: detailed step-by-step instructions showing how to connect the stations to the computer and how to write simple programs, with teacher's tips for lesson planning.
- Theoretical text with the fundamentals of pneumatics, electrical engineering, electrical actuators, sensors and control technology.
- Book of exercises with 5-7 exercises per station and prepared worksheets in *.doc format with solutions; these can be easily adapted to meet your particular requirements.
- Prepared PowerPoint presentations with extensive visual materials for use in class
- Technical data for all components
Control with FluidSIM® software
The stations are controlled with FluidSIM® software and the EasyPort interface.
FluidSIM® is the application for creating and simulating pneumatic and electrical circuits and programmable logic controllers. With its universal PC interface, FluidSIM® can control the MecLab® stations directly. As a result, the pupils can follow a continuous functional chain from the circuit diagram to simulation to control.
Since FluidSIM® is supplied as a classroom licence, the number of pupils who can work with FluidSIM® at one time is limited only by the number of computers. They can use it to try out their solutions in simulation before testing them on the real station. Moreover, FluidSIM® provides information
at the click of a mouse button about all components, and many informative animated sequences.
The complete package
Contains everything you need for working with MecLab®:
- 1 Stacking Magazine station
- 1 Conveyor station
- 1 Handling station
- 1 compressor 230 V with connector for DE, FR, NO, SE, FI, PT, ES, AT, NL, BE, GR, TR, IT, DK, IR, ID or 1 compressor 110 V with connector for US, CA, Central America, BR, CO, YU, EC, KR
- 3 x EasyPort to connect the stations to the computer
- 3 x power supply unit with connector for DE, FR, NO, SE, FI, PT, ES, AT, NL, BE, GR, TR, IT, DK, IR, ID or 3 x power supply unit with connector for US, CA, Central America, BR, CO, YU, EC, KR
- Documents on CD-ROM
- Screw set
Links to curriculum materials for download:
- Teaching with MecLab®
- Fundamentals of automation technology
- Stack Magazine exercises
- Conveyor exercises
- Handling exercises
Solutions are contained on the CD.