Introduction to Electro-Pneumatics
Designed as a general introduction to the function and operation of pneumatic and electrical equipment used in simple Electro-Pneumatic controls, the course covers the design and practical construction of such circuits.
The course deals with the control of pneumatic actuators using electrical sensing and switching devices. Electrical principles are covered at a basic level, but some previous knowledge of pneumatic equipment is required.
All personnel involved with the design, installation, maintenance, operation and servicing of industrial electro-pneumatic equipment and basic control systems.
- Overview of pneumatic symbols
- Electrical symbols
- Electrical contact specification
- Electrical logic connections
- Solenoid valves
- Open and closed loop control
- Proximity sensors
- Pneumatic speed control
- Multi-cylinder control, sequential and conditional control
- Motion diagram
- Single continuous cycle
- Time delay
General engineering background.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Read and understand Electro-Pneumatic circuit diagrams
- Design Electro-Pneumatic circuits
- Understand fundamentals and terminology of Electro-Pneumatic control engineering
- Understand the function and operation of a range of proximity sensors
- Read, interpret and construct motion diagrams
- Understand Pneumatic symbols
- Understand Electro-Pneumatic symbols
- Construct multi-cylinder control circuits
N.B. Course contents are only a guide and will be covered as far as time permits.
To discuss this seminar in more detail over a coffee, please contact the business centre on (01604) 667068 or alternatively, e-mail email@example.com .