Vocational Training Centre in Shinas, Oman
The Vocational Training Centres (VTC) have become one of the key occupational and vocational sources of support to the Omani labour market providing knowledge and skills and competent graduates who can contribute to the economic development of the country.
The Vocational Training Centre houses a combination of two laboratories in one lab - Basic technologies of Mechatronics and Process Automation Manufacturing and Packaging Factory Solution.
The FACT Centre has been established in three phases: Basic technologies of Mechatronics, Factory Automation and Packaging System and Process Automation in the years 2007, 2008 and 2010.
Highlights of the Laboratory
Learning Environment for:
- Pneumatics / Electro-Pneumatics
- Hydraulics / Electro-Hydraulics
- Process automation Manufacturing and Packaging System
- To be able to start with the basic disciplines of mechatronics in the Basic Training lab up to the highly sophisticated fully automated Packaging Factory solution
- Bring student education closer to industrial demands
- Increase the employability of the graduates
- State-of-the-art training equipment and competency based technology training
- World-class lab design according to international standards