FACT Centre San Salvador, El Salvador
Instituto Tecnologico Centroamericano (ITCA) German Technical Cooperation (GTZ)
The FACT Centre San Salvador is a joint project of ITCA and GTZ for the establishment of a Dual Education Program. The layout of the laboratories has been designed by Festo Didactic, which has also assisted in the coordination of the project.
The FACT Centre houses three labs which are equipped with Basic technologies of Mechatronics and two Process Automation Manufacturing and Packaging Systems – one for students Dual Education and one for Industrial Training.
The FACT Centre has been established in three phases – 2008, 2011 and 2012.
Highlights of the Laboratory
Learning Environment for:
- Pneumatics / Electro-Pneumatics
- Hydraulics / Electro-Hydraulics
- Industrial Drives
- Process Automation Manufacturing and Packaging System
- Bring student education closer to industrial demands
- Increase the employability of the graduates
- State-of-the-art training equipment and competency based technology training
- World-class lab design according to international standards
ITCA -FEPADE Vision: To be a leader institution in technical education in the national and regional levels committed to quality, entrepreneurship and relevance of our educational offer.
ITCA –FEPADE Mission: To form integral and competent professionals in technological areas that have demand and opportunity within the local, regional and worldwide labour market for workers as well as businessman.