FACT Centre Montevideo, Uruguay
Ministerio de Industria, Energía y Minería (MIEM); UTU - Universidad del Trabajo del Uruguay
The Centre of Excellence for Industrial Automation and Mechatronics is an initiative which emerged from the cooperation between the government of Uruguay and UNIDO supported by Festo Didactic SE.
The Centre is designed to offer training for employability (students from UTU) and training for productivity (local and regional industry).
The FACT Centre in Montevideo houses four labs - Virtual Mechatronics, Electrics/Electronics/Drives, Fluidics and AFB Factory (Agro, Food & Beverage).
The FACT Centre has been established in 2015.
Highlights of the Laboratory
Learning Environment for:
- Virtual Mechatronics
- Pneumatics / Electro-Pneumatics
- Hydraulics / Electro-Hydraulics
- Electrics / Electronics and Industrial Drives
- Process automation Manufacturing and Packaging System
- Start with the basic disciplines of mechatronics in the Basic Training lab and continue to the highly-sophisticated, fully automated Packaging Factory solution
- Bring student education closer to industrial demands
- Increase the employability of the graduates
- State-of-the-art training equipment and competency based technology training
- World-class lab design according to international standards