FACT Centre Cairo, Egypt
NU has partnered with Festo to establish the FACT Centre Cairo as part of the TEMPUS project (Advanced Engineering Systems: bridging the gap between Academia and Industry), that is capable of outreaching industrial entities and solving their technical and training needs. This know-how is customized to fulfil the Egyptian industrial needs utilizing the didactic methods of Festo, integrated into the labs “Basic technologies” covering the training topics of Pneumatics, Sensorics, Safety and PLC, and the “Fully automated System lab” addressing commissioning, troubleshooting and closed loop control.
The FACT Centre has been established in two phases - Basic technologies of Mechatronics, MPS® 200/MPS® PA in phase 1 (2012) and CAD/CAM/CNC in phase 2 (2015).
Highlights of the Laboratory
Learning Environment for:
- Pneumatics / Electro-Pneumatics / Safety
- Hydraulics / Electro-Hydraulics / Prop.-Hydraulics
- Partly automated systems – Factory and Process Automation
- Fulfil the Egyptian industrial needs
- Bring student education closer to industrial demands
- Increase the employability of the graduates
- State-of-the-art training equipment and competency based technology training
- World-class lab design according to international standards
FACT (Festo Authorized & Certified Training) Center Cairo is the first FESTO Certified Training Centre in Africa that holds FESTO's seal of quality indicating conformity to uniform global standards for learning equipment and didactic methods for technical & vocational training in industrial automation and mechatronics.