AUT121 – Basic principles of sensor technology
Sensors are used for a wide range of functions in automated systems, such as to measure pressure, force and distance, detect the presence and/or position of workpieces and the completion of process steps. This course gives you an overview of sensor technology including the design and function of different types of sensors, their applications and limitations.
FA: Maintenance, Design/Engineering, Trainer
- Basic physical principles and characteristic features in use
- Sensor selection based on materials and ambient conditions
- Terms and definitions in sensor technology
- Design, function and applications of different sensors for detecting presence, distance, travel, force and pressure, material quality etc.
- Industrial applications and realisation
- Technical data and limits on use of sensors
- Connection technology and signal processing
- Practical exercises and fault analysis
- knows the functions of various sensors such as indicating, distance, pressure, force etc.
- can select and install sensors for various applications
- can adjust and calibrate sensors
- can interpret sensor technical data
- can troubleshoot sensor faults
Please contact Festo to arrange a consultation to discuss how this course or any course may be customised to the specific training requirements of your organisation.